Sunday, September 18, 2011

Talk Like a Pirate Day Blog Hop!

Ahoy Maties!
Welcome Aboard the International Talk Like A Pirate Day Blog Hop
hosted by Captain Gill at http://creationsbygillm.blogspot.com/

If you walked the plank from Lisa P (http://handmadewithlove-lisa.blogspot.com) then you are in the right spot, if you fell off the plank a little too early and missed a blog or two you can go back to Gill's blog for the full line-up.

Why do we celebrate this silly day??? This silly day was started in 1995 because talking like a pirate is fun. It's really that simple. It adds a zest, a swagger, to your every day conversation. Do you need another reason?   So here's a few basics to get your started!

Ahoy! - "Hello!"
Avast! - Stop and give attention. It can be used in a sense of surprise, "Whoa! Get a load of that!" which today makes it more of a "Check it out" or "No way!" or "Get off!"
Aye! - "Why yes, I agree most heartily with everything you just said or did."
Aye aye! - "I'll get right on that sir, as soon as my break is over."
Arrr! - This one is often confused with arrrgh, which is of course the sound you make when you sit on a belaying pin. "Arrr!" can mean, variously, "yes," "I agree," "I'm happy," "I'm enjoying this beer," "My team is going to win it all," "I saw that television show, it stunk!" and "That was a clever remark you or I just made." And those are just a few of the myriad possibilities of Arrr!

So,  when I think of pirates (of course alot of not so good things come to mind) but one of the first things I think of a treasure!  So I focused my project on a treasure... in order to find a treasure... they say you need a map (although I did find my treasure without one, despite a few wrong turns along the way.  Who knew Pesto was so amazing!  But perhaps a map would have gotten me there quicker!!!).


My 1st project is a simple card I made with a pirate boy digi from Cuddly Buddly Crafts and a free treasure chest digi and colored with my copics.  The chest was added with a dimmensional dot.  The 2nd project is made from free digis that I've been accumulating and only one purchased stamp.  The pirate is Brigid Ashood's Darja from Sweet Pea Stamps.  I stamped the pirate and printed the digis and colored them all using my copics.  Then those of you who know me know that I'm all things distressed so the next step was to rip and cut and then get out the Tim Holtz distressing inks!  Please leave me a comment and share with us one treasure that you are grateful for in your life and if you are not a follower, I hope you sign up as I will be giving away some blog candy when I hit 100 :)

So I hope you are enjoying your trip, don't be a lubber, stay aboard and head on over to the next stop on the treasure map is AJ:

No comments:

Post a Comment